Adzuki Mochi Brownie (Vegan)Tweet
By Kira Zhang. Adapted from Kirbie Cravings Mochi Brownie.
- 1 cup mochiko flour (sweet rice flour)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 5 tbsp melted vegan butter (can sub coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 5 tablespoons of hot water
- 1.5 cups of full-fat oatmilk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of sweet fine adzuki paste
- 3 tablespoons of black sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons of chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8 in. baking tray with parchment paper.
- Make chia eggs. Add 2 tbsp of chia seeds in a small bowl and pour 5tbsp of medium hot water over. Stir well until gels begin to form. Let sit for 5-7 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients together: mochiko sweet rice flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and baking flour. Whisk until well mixed.
- In a large bowl, mix mthe wet ingredients together: melted vegan butter/coconut oil, thickened chia egg, oatmilk, and vanilla extract.Whisk until evenly mixed.
- Add dry ingredients from the medium bowl to wet ingredients in the large bowl. Mix until evenly blended.
- Add Adzuki Paste into the mixture. Mix again until evenly blended.
- Pour the batter into the 8x8 baking tray. Sprinkle the brownie surface with sesame. Then srpinkle with chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes. Test if it is done by inserting a toothpick. It should come out mostly clean.
- Wait til the mochi is completely cool before slicing.